Thursday, December 6, 2007

damned

A friend/coworker is struggling with whether to keep a pregnancy. She is young, the father is adamently opposed to having the baby, and she had a wonderful life of travel and adventure planned out. But she wants to keep it. And so I find myself encouraging her to keep the pregnancy, even though I of all people know how hard it is, how crushing sometimes, how you look and think is it going to get any better? and its not, not anytime soon. I am wondering today if I did the right thing.
but I also know what happens when you end a pregnancy and you are not sure- or even worse, if you feel talked into it by others. You end up thinking about it for years and years and crying at every period until, checking account and student loans and daycare be damned, you are pregnant again. A recent revelation on my part- so that's what went on in my head for those three years....
I wish I could make it easier for her.

No comments: