Wednesday, March 26, 2008

boots on the ground- day 2



Day 2 was an improvement. Oh, until I folded like a bad hand at 5:30.

8:00 PM - B. goes to sleep. He's been very tired and cranky all day. So has his mom. Hmm- wonder why?
1:00 AM- He's up. I'm not sure exactly how long I let him cry, I spent a while denying the Cry's reality, so, um, probably 20 minutes. I go in and say hi to the Very Pissed boy, I roll, sing all the verses to "American Pie" in my head. Who did write the Book of Love? He's out.
1:40 AM Um, no he's not. But after a few minutes his crying dies down and he's asleep.
5:00 AM He's awake, and not happy about it. Why? Why? After about 15 minutes I go in. I lay him on his back, give him the bottle, and I roll. He gets up. I lay him on his back, give him the bottle, and I roll. He gets up. I lay him on his back, give him the bottle, and I roll. He gets up. At this point, its 5:30, so I think whatever and bring him to bed with me. He nurses and is out cold until I change his diaper (I can't believe I do this to him- what a terible way to wake up) at 7 AM.

So. I am vowing tomorrow I will keep him in the crib until 6:30 AM, no matter how hard it sucks. Boot Camp is not for the Weak!!!

I forgot to mention that, at some point on Night One, I actually locked myself out of his room and had to pop the door with a straightened clothes hanger. Wow. My incompetence even blows ME away sometimes.

No comments: